Out of Hours Construction and Maintenance Works
Out of hours construction and maintenance work requires approval from the Town of Cambridge as stated in Regulation 13 of the Environmental Protection (Noise) Regulation 1997.
The online form below, along with a Noise Management Plan detailing how noise emissions will be managed, must be submitted to the Town at least 7 days prior to the proposed works.
The Noise Management Plan must include the following:
- A construction or works site location description and reasons why work is proposed outside the hours of 7am to 7pm, Monday to Saturday and/or works on a Sunday or public holiday;
- Specific dates and times of when an exemption is sought;
- A description and the duration of activities which are likely to emit noise that fails to meet standards prescribed under Regulation 7 of the Environmental Protection (Noise) Regulations 1997;
- Information about what procedures and measure will be implemented to control the noise (including vibration) emissions;
- Confirmation that a letter will be sent to all affected residents and businesses advising of the out-of-hours works and associated noise. The letter must include a 24 hour complaints contact number for the duraction or the works (Please upload a copy of the letter in the online form below);
- Complaint handling and response procedures; and
- Indicative levels of noise emissions on the construction site.
An application fee of $100 is payable to the Town. Late application fee $150 (for applications received later than seven days prior to the event).
Please contact the Town for payment methods.