Development Assessment Panels
The Development Assessment Panel (DAP) is an independent decision-making body charged with the role of determining certain development applications, in place of the local government.
The Town of Cambridge belongs to the Metro West Joint Development Assessment Panel. Members of the DAP:
- Ms Megan Bartle (Presiding Member)
- Mr Clayton Higham (Deputy Presiding Member)
- Mr John Syme (Specialist Member)
- Cr Corinne MacRae (Town of Cambridge)
- Cr Tracey King (Town of Cambridge)
- Cr Pauline O'Connor JP (Town of Cambridge)
DAP meetings are open to the public. Interested parties may address the meeting by submitting a Presentation Request at least 72 hours before the meeting.
Current, Completed and Appealed DAP Applications
Which developments are referred to the DAP
Developments with an estimated value in excess of $10m are referred to the DAP.
In cases were the estimated development cost is between $2m and $10m, the applicant can choose to have the development referred to the DAP.
Single houses, or developments of less than 10 grouped or multiple dwellings, are NOT referred to the DAP regardless of value.
The Town retains responsibility for assessing all applications and conducting any required community consultation.
Before a DAP application is lodged, the applicant must attend a pre-lodgement consultation with one of our planning officers. Please call 9347 6000 to arrange an appointment.
Steps to lodging a DAP application
1. Read the DAPs Applicant Brochure
2. Read Fact Sheet - DAP Application (NEW) or DAP Application (AMEND)
3. Call 9347 6000 to arrange a pre-lodgement consultation.
4. Complete application form - DAP Form 1 for new applications or DAP Form 2 to amend or cancel an application.
5. Complete Town of Cambridge Planning Approval Application
6. Lodge the application and pay the required Fee
For more information visit the DAPs website.