Find my next bulk verge collection
Two bulk verge collections each year give you the chance to get rid of large unwanted household items easily.
Around two weeks before the scheduled collection date a leaflet will be sent to your home detailing what materials will be collected and how to stack the unwanted goods on the verge.
|Items that will be collected
||Items that can't be collected
(see where to dispose of these items here)
- garden waste (keep separate)
- old furniture
- stoves (doors removed)
- refrigerators (doors removed) and other whitegoods
- general junk
- car batteries (stacked separately and one per household)
- bricks, cement, sand, rubble
- building materials, timber, tiles
- foodstuffs (household waste)
- motor vehicles (whole or part
- large tree trunks or stumps
- inflammable liquids
- asbestos cement products
- branches over 1.5 metres in length
PLEASE NOTE: Bulk verge collections are only for residential, not commercial, properties.
How do you get rid of the unwanted items quickly?
If you need to get rid of unwanted household items quickly consider donating furniture, appliances, tools or clothes to charity.
Good Sammys can collect unwanted goods, clothing and furniture that's not broken or damaged. To find out about their free service, call 1300 855 130.
Unwanted household items can also be disposed of at nearby waste centres - Brockway Transfer Station, Tamala Park Recycling Centre and Balcatta Recycling Centre.
Contact us for more information about verge collections in your area.
Last Updated: 24/02/2017