The Town is committed to informing, listening to and involving the community and other stakeholders in Council decision-making.
Our aim is to consistently engage on all our plans, strategies, policies and projects, and have developed a Community Engagement Framework(PDF, 450KB) to guide the process. The Community Engagement Framework aims to:
- Ensure community views are understood and considered when developing Council plans, strategies, policies and service delivery.
- Ensure the community has the opportunity to participate in the conduct of Council through inclusive and equitable engagement practices.
- Strengthen community connectivity by creating opportunities for the community to get involved with, and have their say on, matters which are important to them.
- Improve the relationship between the community and Council by ensuring the community is informed about and involved in Council activities.
- Enhance the coordination, planning and promotion of Council’s community engagement activities.
- Strengthen feedback and communication from Council so the community knows when and how their input has been considered to inform decisions.
When engaging we aim to use a variety of tools to give you the best opportunity to participate. These tools include:
- Our online meeting place Your Say Cambridge
- Open days and drop in sessions
- Other engagement events and activities
Engagement outcomes are collated, analysed and considered alongside other technical, financial and legislative requirements as a key element of Council's decision-making process.
What is community engagement?
'Community engagement is any process that involves the public in problem-solving or decision-making and uses public input to make decisions' - IAP2 Australasia.
Our community engagement approach follows the guidelines set out by the International Association for Public Participation (IAP2), an international leader in community engagement.