COVID-19 Economic Impact Survey
The Town is currently surveying businesses about the effect of COVID-19 and the recovery phase.
If you are a business in the Town of Cambridge you can provide your feedback by completing the survey here.
All completed responses will go in to the draw to win 1 of 5 family passes for mini golf at the Wembley Golf Course.
Economic Development Strategy
In July 2018, Council adopted the Town of Cambridge Economic Development Strategy (EDS). The EDS has four overarching goals to promote economic development within the Town, by:
- Providing a high standard of communication and business support;
- Developing our unique centres to support population growth and attract high quality employment;
- Managing the activation and our centres and shared public spaces; and
- Improving transport and connectivity for centres and local businesses.
A copy of the EDS is available here(PDF, 3MB) .
Small Business Friendly Local Government Initiative
As part of the Town’s commitment to supporting small business and our local business community the Town has recently signed the Small Business Friendly Local Government Charter, which is an initiative by the Small Business Development Corporation (SBDC).
The Charter outlines what the Town agrees to do to support small business.
Signed Small Business Friendly Local Government Charter(PDF, 1MB)
The Town is demonstrating this commitment by:
- The recent appointment of a dedicated Place Development Officer to work with businesses.
- Providing a single point of contact at the Town for businesses email@example.com
- Developing a business contact database to improve business engagement – businesses can register their details here.
The SBDC offer a wide range of support for small businesses:
- Workshops: Regular practical small business workshops, including a number held at The Boulevard Centre in Floreat.
Western Suburbs Business Association
The Town encourages businesses within Cambridge to join the Western Suburbs Business Association (WSBA), which is a member-based organisation that delivers member benefits to local business. This includes member advocacy as well as networking and business development opportunities.
Becoming a member of the WSBA is a great way to get involved in the local business community. To find out more about how membership can benefit you and your business visit WSBA.