On behalf of everyone at the Town, we would like to thank all Cambridge residents for their commitment to adhering to the COVID-19 restrictions. Western Australia has achieved an outstanding outcome whereby some restrictions are now being lifted. It has been a challenging and anxious few months for everyone.
We ask everyone to not become complacent at this time, as strict personal hygiene and social distancing will continue to be required if we are to avoid another outbreak of the COVID-19 virus.
The health, well-being and safety of our staff and community remains our priority. The Town will closely monitor the impact of lifting the limited COVID-19 restrictions and continue to take advice from the WA Department of Health and the State and Federal Government to assist with our progress in this matter.
Council has approved a Recovery and Relief Plan which includes, but is not limited to:
- ADOPTS a position of another zero (0%) average rate increase for 2020-21.
- NOT increase any fees, charges or tariffs for the 2020-21 Budget.
- WAIVES interest on all outstanding rates and service charges and a suspension of any new debt collection activities from 15 March 2020.
- WAIVES the late payment interest rate of 11% being charged on overdue rates and service charges from 15 March 2020.
- WAIVES the $35 fee for special instalment arrangements from 15 March 2020.
- DEFERS the due date for payment of outstanding rates to 30 June 2020.
- APPROVES the fortnightly payment of the Town’s Creditors (currently in place), for the next six months.
- REFUNDS all cancelled bookings at Town-owned properties and facilities.
- GRANTS the Town’s Commercial tenancies a for three-month rent free period, on their base rent, with a further review to occur.
- APPROVES engagement with businesses and community groups impacted by COVID-19 to ascertain the needs and hardship being experienced.
- PROMOTES a ‘Buy Local’ campaign to support the Town’s small businesses, together with social media support, wherever appropriate.
- WAIVES all Development Application fees associated with "Change of Use" applications until 30 September 2020
- DETERMINES that Development Approval is not required for an existing Restaurant, Shop, Local Shop or Market to be used for a Take Away Food Outlet for a period of six months.
- APPROVES changes to car parking requirements, as approved by the Chief Executive Officer, to minimise restrictions to support take away and home delivery services
- APPROVES of free parking for the next three months, until 22 June 2020, excluding the Medical Precinct.
- APPROVES the Matthews Netball Centre car park to be used, free of cost, for the hospital and medical staff of King Edward Memorial Hospital, St John of God and QEII whilst Emergency Directions are in place (and other hospitals, if required) until 1 May 2020
- CONTINUES with the Town’s 'Senior’s Hotline’.
- CONTINUES to support Celia Hammond MP's Curtin Community Care programme.
- APPROVES the continuation of the Cambridge Library eResources loans and the House-bound service.
- DEFERS the payment of Building Maintenance Contributions for the Town’s Sports Clubs and Associations until further notice.
- WAIVES the winter seasonal Reserve Hire fees for the Town’s Sports Clubs and Associations until further notice.
- WILL CONSIDER any application for the Town's buildings to be made available free of charge to State Government Emergency Agencies as a temporary alternative place of work, should they be impacted by COVID-19.
Will I be charged interest for paying my rates late?
You will not be charged interest for non-payment or late payment of rates.
Do I have to pay my Rates?
We understand that these are difficult financial times. If you can, you are encouraged to still pay your rates when they fall due. We understand that this may not be possible for many ratepayers. If you are unable to pay your outstanding rates at the present time, we have extended the due date for payment until 30 June 2020. If it helps you to manage your finances, we are happy to set you up with a payment arrangement, even if the amount you are able to pay is only small. To discuss a payment arrangement or any other payment circumstances, please lodge an enquiry via email to email@example.com. A member of our Rates Team will get back to you within a few days.
How can I make my payment?
We are acting on State Government advice in minimising the handling of cash during this critical period. We ask our customers to keep safe by paying their bills from home using online and telephone rate payment options. Options include BPAY, Australia Post Billpay and Direct Debit. Check your latest notice or our website for more details. Please call 9347 6081 for any rate enquiries.
The following is the latest information and answers to FAQ's regarding the operating status of Town of Cambridge Services, as of 8 June 2020.
Kerbside bin collection proceeding as per the schedule.
Verge Bulk Collection now complete.
Council & Committee Meetings
Council & Committee Meetings are proceeding as per the calendar. Councillors are in attendance via teleconferencing.
Members of the public are requested to submit their questions in lieu of attending in person unless absolutely necessary. Special physical distancing arrangements will be made in this instance.
If any further alterations to the schedule are made they will be posted here.
Applications for Approvals & Permits
Applications for all approval and permits (including planning/development approvals, building permits, environmental health approvals pet registrations can now be submitted in person at the Administration Centre as of 12 May in addition are to be submitted by mail PO Box 15 Floreat, 6104 WA or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In-person discussions with Officers at the front counter is still by appointment only.
If you cannot submit online please call 9347 6000 for assistance.
Please be aware that Rangers cannot ENFORCE or INFRINGE any of the State directives regarding physical distancing and mass gatherings in public places.
Anyone who seeks to report issues regarding suspicion or evidence of breaches with self-isolation directions, or gathering requirements, should contact the WA Police on 131 444. If you are reporting a breach of physical distancing in public ensure you are not adding to it or part of it yourself.
All other Rangers Services will continue including the after hours service on 9347 6000. In person attendance at incidents may be discretionary due to social distancing requirements.
Senior and Isolated Persons Services - HOTLINE
Senior Services HOTLINE 9285 3136 for advice, further information, moral support and help.
Please do not attend any Town facilities if you have any illness symptoms
Town of Cambridge Administration Building
Strict physical distancing of 1.5 metres will be required while waiting for service at the front counter.
Temporary safety measures will be implemented to provide 1.5 metres social distancing between Customers and Staff when engaging at the front counter.
Cashless Tap & Go transactions are preferred.
All services can still be contacted by phoning 9347 6000 or email@example.com
Bold Park Aquatic Centre
Bold Park Aquatic is now operating under the phase 4 Government Restrictions on operations. This means you do not have to book in order to attend for a swim and there are no time restrictions on your visit.
Open hours are the following normal winter hours:
- Saturdays 7:00am - 6:00pm
- Sundays & Public holidays 8:00am - 6:00pm
Additionally, please note the following:
- Change Rooms and Showers are open for use.
- Lockers are available for use.
- The Cafe is open for all drinks and pre-packaged foods (the kitchen remains closed).
- The playground is available for use.
- Additional cleaning is being completed in the change rooms and across other areas.
- Aquarobics Classes are running and there is a revised timetable of classes.
- Strength for Life (Living Longer Living Stronger) Classes are running.
- Swimming Lessons will recommence at the beginning of Term 3, from 18 July. Enrolments will open from 29 June.
- Cashless entry only is allowed, via use of a visit pass, membership or casual entry with payment via eftpos.
- Normal entry fees apply for casual entry and visit passes.
- The access gates can now be used for self-service entry.
- The Crèche is open and operating on weekdays 8:30am – 11:30am.
- The Swim Shop is open, including the fitting room.
- Social distancing is currently required to be maintained at all times whilst at Bold Park Aquatic. This includes the following expectations:
- Maintaining 1.5m between people
- Wash/sanitise hands regularly
- Stay home if you are sick
- Avoid shaking hands
- Cover mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing
Wembley Golf Course
Please adhere to the following conditions.
- Online golf bookings only (no walk-ins accepted)
- Tap & Go payments only (cash will not be accepted)
- Physical distancing to be practised at all times
- Gates open 6:30am
– Gates close 6:15pm
- Golf Carts/ Hire Clubs will be sanitised before and after use.
PHASE 4 UPDATE:
- No time limit for Library visits
- Normal 3 hour computer limit reinstated (square metre restrictions still apply)
- Printing has resumed with cash payments now available
Revised opening hours can be found below
|| Opening hours commencing 18 May 2020 (to be reviewed)
|| 9am - 5pm
|| 9am - 5pm
|| 9am - 5pm
|| 9am - 5pm
|| 9am - 5pm
|| 9am - 5pm
|| 11am - 3pm
- Click and Collect still available and 24 hour returns chute open
- Computer use will be restricted and does not allow printing or cash payments
- All “in person programs” remaining suspended
The Library has the following services available:
- Books on Wheels service for patrons who are housebound - a "drop and collect" service without any physical contact
- “Click and collect service” – Go online and reserve some books or email/phone and the Library will pick some for you. Collect at the library door between 10am and 4pm daily.
- Online Story-time and Baby-rhyme time available each week on the Library website or Facebook page
- eLibrary services available 24/7 on your internet-enabled personal devices
- 24 hour returns book chute open at the library
- New stock processed and ready to be borrowed every week - check out the library catalogue or subscribe to the Library newsletter and see what’s new
Library events, programs and activities are cancelled. This includes talks, classes, workshops and book clubs.
A wide range of free eResources are available online for members via www.library.cambridge.wa.gov.au
Open for bookings for functions of up to 100 people.
Leederville Town Hall, Hollyrood Pavilion, Wembley Community Centre, The Boulevard Centre
Now Open for venue bookings by hirers to a limit of 100 patrons. Private hires are responsible for enforcing the physical distancing and patron limit.
Beaches & Parks
Phase 3 commences 6 June. Physical distancing still required.
Open for seasonal bookings adhering to the COVID Safety Guidelines for Sport and Recreation here.(PDF, 420KB)
Playgrounds, Outdoor Gym Equipment and Perry Lakes Skate Park
Now Open . Physical distancing still required.
All Community Events have been CANCELLED or POSTPONED.
For online and home based activities and virtual tours check or the modified "What's On" page.
Council has approved the following business assistance measures as part of a Relief and Recovery Plan.
ADOPTS a position of another zero (0%) average rate increase for 2020-21.
DEFERS the due date for payment of outstanding rates to 30 June 2020.
GRANTS the Town’s commercial tenancies a three-month rent free period, on their base rent, with a further review to occur.
PROMOTES a ‘Locals First’ campaign to support the Town’s small businesses. Check out the Locals First business directory and register your business here.
WAIVES all Development Application fees associated with ‘Change of Use’ applications until 30 September 2020
DETERMINES that Development Approval is not required for an existing Restaurant, Shop Local Shop or Market to be used for a Take Away Food Outlet for a period of six months.
APPROVES of free parking for the next three months, until 22 June 2020, excluding the Medical Precinct.
COVID Safety Plan for Businesses
The State Government has published the guidelines for Food Business and Sport and Recreation businesses to re-open on Monday 18 May.
Click here to view
Stay in touch
Subscribe to Cambridge Business News to receive the latest business news and information straight to your inbox.
Contact the Town of Cambridge if you have suggestions with how the Town could help your business or would like to discuss your business situation with us
Phone 08 9347 6000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Small Business Development Corporation (SBDC)
If you’re dealing with business disruption, turn to the SBDC.
The SBDC is a free service provided by the State Government to support small businesses.
To help you manage the disruption they have put together a range of information available at SBDC website.