Vehicle Child Restraint Fittings
The child car seat fitting service will be suspended until further notice as of Wednesday 18 March 2020.
Whilst we are limiting contact and implementing social distancing, there will still be new babies to welcome and potential demand for car restraints to be installed. Whilst we are not currently providing this service to our community during these uncertain times, if you require information about fitting or adjusting your child car restraint, below are some sources of information:
- WALGA RoadWise Child Car Restraints www.roadwise.asn.au/child-car-restraints.aspx
- Call the Child Car Restraint Information Line: 1300 780 713 (Monday to Friday 9am – 2pm (WST))
- Consult your child car restraint manual for specific instructions
- Check the car seat manufacture’s website for installation guides and videos
- Check your car manual for specific vehicle installation requirements
The Town of Cambridge offer residents a FREE child vehicle restraint fitting service. This includes checking and fitting baby capsules, booster seats and baby seats.
This free service ensures your child is safe and secure when travelling in your car, and gives you peace of mind knowing your child car safety device is fitted correctly.
This service is also available to non-residents at a fee:
||Checking previously installed child car seats
|| Conversion of restraint from rear to forward facing or vice versa
|| Fully fitting a child car seat
A child vehicle restraint fitting service is available on Tuesday and Wednesday by appointment only.
To book a child vehicle restraint fitting appointment please contact our Community Safety Officer on 9347 6000.
For a list of other child car safety seat installers visit the Roadwise website.
To find a child car seat that best suits your needs visit the Child Car Seats website.