Exercising your dog
The Town of Cambridge has a number of dog exercise areas. In off leash areas your dog may run freely and below are a few helpful hints to help you avoid on-the-spot fines:
- A person capable of controlling the dog must be near the dog at all times.
- Carry a leash so it can be quickly attached to gain control of the dog.
- Remove any excreta (poo) left by the dog.
- The dog must not chase or harass any other person, animal or bird.
- Remember even if your dog is being playful, others may feel uneasy with its behaviour. Some people do not like to be approached by dogs.
The Town of Cambridge provides dog waste bags in all dog exercise areas to promote and encourage correct disposal practice. These bags are red, the same colour as the bin they go in. If there are no bags available, it is still the dog owner’s responsibility to act responsibly.
Dog exercise areas in the Town
The Town has a number of on-leash and off-leash dog exercise areas as well as time restricted areas and prohibited dog areas. Dogs are also prohibited from playgrounds.
Download the Dog exercise areas map(PDF, 2MB)
Search for a park online and filter by park features to find a dog exercise area near you.
On-leash dog areas
Existing parks may be used as on-leash dog areas unless otherwise signed or listed.
On-leash time restricted areas
Dog Friendly Spots App
Download the Dog Friendly Spots app and see where you can exercise your dog in Cambridge and information on each park.
Simply enter a postcode or suburb and see all dog exercise areas nearby and other dog-related information.