The Town has received an application for a New Two Storey Dwelling with Undercroft at the above-mentioned property.
The application is being advertised for the following reasons:
Residential Design Codes:
Clause 5.1.3 – Lot Boundary Setbacks:
• The Ground Floor full side wall (Dining to Bed 3) (Figure 4b – portion ‘D’) is proposed to be setback a minimum of 1.68m from the western boundary
Clause 5.1.6 – Building Height:
• The dwelling on the East elevation (Elevation 2) has a maximum wall height of 8.44m above the natural ground levels in Local Planning Policy 3.24 – Determining natural ground levels (LPP 3.24)
• The dwelling on the West elevation (Elevation 3) has a maximum wall height of 7.77m above the natural ground levels in LPP 3.24
Clause 5.3.7 – Site Works:
• The application proposes fill beneath the Alfresco with a FGL that has a maximum height of 2.5m above the natural ground levels in LPP 3.24
Clause 5.3.8 – Retaining Walls:
• The application proposes retaining walls along the eastern boundary with a maximum TOW height of 0.67m above the natural ground levels in LPP 3.24
Clause 5.4.1 – Visual Privacy
• The Alfresco area has a finished floor level (FFL) that is a maximum of 2.5m above the natural ground levels in LPP 3.24. The Alfresco on the east elevation is setback 1.5m, and on the north elevation is setback 2.7m, from the eastern boundary. The Alfresco has partial screening on the east elevation, however the corner of the alfresco next to the driveway is not screened, and a section of the screening has a maximum height of 1.1m above the finished floor level. The north elevation of the Alfresco is not screened.
• The raised paved area, situated between the Living/Dining rooms and the pool, has a FFL that is a maximum of 2.05m above the natural ground levels in LPP 3.24. The raised paved area on the west elevation has a nil setback to the west boundary. The west and north elevations of the raised paved area are not screened.
• The Living room has a FFL that is a maximum of 1.08m above the natural ground levels in LPP 3.24. The Living room window on the west elevation is setback 1.75m, and the windows on the north elevation are setback a minimum of 2.75m, from the west boundary, in lieu of 6m. The Living room windows are not screened.
The Town can consider and approve applications that do not meet the deemed-to-comply provisions where the proposed development satisfies certain design principles.
To assist the Town in determining this application, you are invited to view the plans and comment on the parts of the development that do not meet the deemed-to-comply provisions and/or the proposed use.
A copy of the plans the associated documentation can be located through the links on the top right of this page. Alternatively, a hardcopy of this information can be viewed at the Town's Administration Centre, 1 Bold Park Drive, Floreat during normal operating hours.
Comments can be provided:
- By email at email@example.com; or
- By mail at Town of Cambridge, 1 Bold Park Drive, Floreat WA 6014.
Submissions are to be provided by 5:00pm on 28 June 2021.
If you have any queries in relation this matter, or would like to arrange an appointment to view the plans, please contact the Town on 9347 6000.