The Town has received an application for single house at the above-mentioned property.
A summary of the proposal is as follows:
- The existing dwelling is proposed to be demolished.
- A new dwelling is proposed to be constructed in its place which will be 2 storeys with a basement.
The application is being advertised for the following reasons:
- A 3.2sqm portion of a front balcony is proposed to be setback 6.3m in lieu of 7.5m from the street boundary.
- The northern side of the dwelling is proposed to have a wall height of 6.6m in lieu of 6m above the natural ground level.
- The southern side of the dwelling is proposed to have a wall height of 6.4m in lieu of 6m above the natural ground level.
- A portion of the dwelling's first floor is proposed to be setback 1.8m in lieu of 2.8m from the southern side lot boundary.
- The entrance to the dwelling is proposed to be located on the southern side of the dwelling and therefore not be clearly visible from the street.
- The garage width is proposed to occupy 51% of the lot's frontage in lieu of 50%.
The proposal complies with the overshadowing, open space and overlooking requirements.
The Town can consider and approve applications that do not meet the deemed-to-comply provisions where the proposed development satisfies certain design principles.
To assist the Town in determining this application, you are invited to view the plans and comment on the parts of the development that do not meet the deemed-to-comply provisions and/or the proposed use.
A copy of the plans the associated documentation can be located through the links on the top right of this page. Alternatively, a hardcopy of this information can be viewed at the Town's Administration Centre, 1 Bold Park Drive, Floreat during normal operating hours.
Comments can be provided:
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- By mail at Town of Cambridge, 1 Bold Park Drive, Floreat WA 6014.
Submissions are to be provided by 5:00pm on 19 June 2019.
If you have any queries in relation this matter, or would like to arrange an appointment to view the plans, please contact the Town on 9347 6000.