The Town has received an application for single dwelling at the above-mentioned property.
The application is being advertised for the following reasons:
Town Planning Scheme No. 1:
- The proposed development seeks retaining walls in excess of 500mm above natural ground level within the secondary street setback area.
Residential Design Codes:
- The undercroft guest bed, laundry, and workshop wall proposes a 1.3m setback to the southern adjoining lot boundary;
- The first floor dining and kitchen wall proposes a 1.2m setback to the northern adjoining lot boundary;
- The first floor study and ensuite wall proposes a 1.3m setback to the southern adjoining lot boundary;
- The first floor activity room, bed 2, bed 3, and garage 2 wall is setback 1.5m to the southern adjoining lot boundary.
- The development proposes a total open space percentage of 54%;
- The development proposes a maximum wall height of 8m;
- The site works (fill) exceeds a maximum of 500mm above natural ground level.
Local planning Policy 3.1 - Streetscape
- The fencing proposed within the secondary street setback area does not meet the definition of ‘open style;’
- The proposed total percentage of landscaping within the primary street setback area is 58% with no advanced trees;
The Town can consider and approve applications that do not meet the deemed-to-comply provisions where the proposed development satisfies certain design principles.
To assist the Town in determining this application, you are invited to view the plans and comment on the parts of the development that do not meet the deemed-to-comply provisions and/or the proposed use.
A copy of the plans the associated documentation can be located through the links on the top right of this page. Alternatively, a hardcopy of this information can be viewed at the Town's Administration Centre, 1 Bold Park Drive, Floreat during normal operating hours.
Comments can be provided:
- By email at email@example.com; or
- By mail at Town of Cambridge, 1 Bold Park Drive, Floreat WA 6014.
Submissions are to be provided by 5:00pm on 30 April 2021.
If you have any queries in relation this matter, or would like to arrange an appointment to view the plans, please contact the Town on 9347 6000.