The Town has received an application for an ancillary dwellingat the above-mentioned property.
A summary of the proposal is as follows:
- The ancillary is proposed to be 3 storey with a garage on the ground floor.
- The ancillary dwelling is proposed to be detached from the existing dwelling and located at the rear of the property.
- Vehicle access to the ancillary dwelling is proposed from the adjoining right of way.
The application is being advertised for the following reasons:
- The development resulting in there being 41.5% open space on the property in lieu of 50% if built.
- The first floor being setback 1.2m in lieu of 2.3m from the eastern (rear) lot boundary.
- The second (mezzanine) floor being setback 1.2m in lieu of 3.5m from the eastern (rear) lot boundary.
- The first floor being setback 1.1m in lieu of 2.3m from the northern (side) lot boundary.
- The second floor being setback 1.1m in lieu of 1.3m from the northern (side) lot boundary.
- A parapet wall on the southern (side) lot boundary proposed to be 7m in length in lieu of 6m, with a wall height of up to 7.5m in lieu of 3m.
- The building being proposed to have a skillion roof. Council's Streetscape Policy requires buildings within Wembley to be hipped or gabled roofed, with a roof pitch of between 22 and 35 degrees.
- The living room on the first floor proposing to have a visual privacy (overlooking) setback of 4m in lieu of 6m from the southern lot boundary.
The Town can consider and approve applications that do not meet the deemed-to-comply provisions where the proposed development satisfies certain design principles.
To assist the Town in determining this application, you are invited to view the plans and comment on the parts of the development that do not meet the deemed-to-comply provisions and/or the proposed use.
A copy of the plans the associated documentation can be located through the links on the top right of this page. Alternatively, a hardcopy of this information can be viewed at the Town's Administration Centre, 1 Bold Park Drive, Floreat during normal operating hours.
Comments can be provided:
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- By mail at Town of Cambridge, 1 Bold Park Drive, Floreat WA 6014.
Submissions are to be provided by 5:00pm on 28 May 2019.
If you have any queries in relation this matter, or would like to arrange an appointment to view the plans, please contact the Town on 9347 6000.