On 27 February 2018, the Town received a Development Assessment Panel (DAP) application for the above.
On 10 July 2018, the DAP resolved to refuse the application. The Applicant has since appealed that refusal to the State Administrative Tribunal (SAT).
As part of the Appeal process, the SAT has invited the DAP to reconsider its 10 July 2018 refusal (which involves the Town preparing a new Responsible Authority Report to the DAP).
In support of that reconsideration, the Applicant has provided additional information in support of the revised proposal.
By way of background, the original proposal involved the following:
- The proposed business is an early learning centre with a maximum of 107 children and 25 full time staff at any one time.
- Operating hours between 7am and 6:30pm, Monday to Friday.
- A total of 19 car bays within the property.
- A 7.5m required primary street setback in lieu of 9m as required by Town Planning Scheme No.1.
- North-east side setback variation of 1-1.2m in lieu of 1.5-1.8m
- South-west side setback variation of 1.2-1.8m in lieu of 1.5-2.3m
The revised proposal involves the following:
- A maximum of 107 children and 25 full-time staff at any one time.
- Left-in/left-out only access to the subject site via the existing slip road from Brookdale Street.
- 22 carparking bays and 6 bicycle spaces, which meet the parking requirements of the Town's Local Planning Policy 3.13 - Parking.
- The removal of four existing verge trees to accommodate a modified vehicle crossover alignment to the subject site.
- An approximate 7.3m primary street setback (at its smallest point) to the awning attached to the north-west corner of the general play room
- A 6m rear setback for the length of the rear boundary
- Planting of screen trees along the southern side and rear boundaries.
- Two trellis structures within the North-east side setback area, to be built up to the lot boundary
- Two trellis structures within the south-west side setback area, to be built up to the lot boundary
- Various materials including weather board, timber and Colorbond cladding for portions of walls and the roof sheeting ("Surfmist" colour) in lieu of masonry materials and non-reflective roof sheeting.
- A roof pitch of 24 degrees for each of the two buildings
- Overshadowing has reduced from approximately 25.13% to approximately 6% for abutting No. 128 Brookdale Street.
- Operating hours are to remain the same (ie. between 7am and 6:30pm, Monday to Friday).
- North-east side setback variation ranging from 1.5 - 1.9m in lieu of 1.7 - 2m
- South-west side setback now meets the deemed-to-comply lot boundary setback provisions.
Please note that there is no obligation to make a submission. However, if you do make a submission, please be advised that in accordance with Clauses 17 and 18 of Local Planning Policy 1.2 - Public Notification of Planning Proposals, a summary of all neighbour submissions received will be provided to the applicant and your submission in its entirety may be included in a publically available report. In both instances, identifying details (name, address, etc.) will be redacted prior to distribution.
As the application will require determination by a Development Assessment Panel, if you have made a submission during the consultation period, you will be notified of the upcoming meeting once the agenda has been confirmed.
A copy of the plans the associated documentation can be located through the links on the top right of this page. Alternatively, a hardcopy of this information can be viewed at the Town's Administration Centre, 1 Bold Park Drive, Floreat during normal operating hours.
Comments can be provided:
- By email at email@example.com; or
- By mail at Town of Cambridge, 1 Bold Park Drive, Floreat WA 6014.
Submissions are to be provided by 5pm Wednesday, 16 October 2019.
If you have any queries in relation this matter, or would like to arrange an appointment to view the plans, please contact the Town on 9347 6000.