Design Review Panel
The Town of Cambridge Design Review Panel (DRP) is responsible for providing independent advice to the Council and applicants on the architectural quality of new developments in the Town.
The DRP reviews proposals and provides advice on ten design principles specified in Local Planning Policy 1.3: Design Review Panel(PDF, 129KB)
Design review offers applicants the chance to seek technical feedback and resolve complex issues to achieve the best possible design outcome.
Applicants are encouraged to seek DRP advice before lodging a Development Application for approval.
The DRP performs an advisory function only. Although the DRP does not have decision-making powers, its advice will be taken into consideration in the planning assessment and conveyed to the decision-makers once a formal Development Application is lodged.
Review by the Design Review Panel is free.
Design Review Panel Members
DRP members are appointed in accordance with Clause 36 of the Town of Cambridge Town Planning Scheme No. 1 and Local Planning Policy 2.7 - Design Review Panel.
The current members are:
- Mr David Karotkin (Chair)
- Mr Peter Hobbs
- Ms Barbara Gdowski
- Mr Joe Chindarsi
- Mr James Christou
- Mr Sasha Ivanovich
Applicants are encouraged to attend DRP meetings to present their proposal and receive feedback from the panel members. Please submit your applications to Planning Services 10 working days prior to the DRP meeting. These meetings are closed to the public and are held on the first Friday of every month at 10am as detailed below:
|Friday, 7 December 2018
|Friday, 1 February 2019
|Friday, 1 March 2019
|Friday, 5 April 2019
|Thursday, 2 May 2019
|Friday, 7 June 2019
|Friday, 5 July 2019
| Friday, 2 August 2019
| Friday, 6 September 2019
| Friday, 4 October 2019
| Friday, 1 November 2019
| Friday, 6 December 2019
Which developments are referred to the DRP?
- Developments with an estimated value in excess of $2m (excluding single dwellings)
- All multiple dwelling developments
- Developments consisting of buildings of three storeys or more
- Residential developments consisting of ten or more dwellings
- Non-residential developments which abut residential zoned land
- Scheme amendments, structures plans and capital works projects
- Developments of a complex or contentious nature which may benefit from DRP input.
The Design Review Process
- Read the Design Review Panel Fact Sheet(PDF, 108KB) for an overview of the process and application requirements.
- If you are unsure whether your development needs review by the DRP call the Planning Services team on 9347 6000.
- Lodge a Design Review Panel Application(PDF, 94KB)
- Development reviewed by DRP and feedback provided to applicant.
- Apply for Development Approval