West Leederville Activity Centre
At the Ordinary Council Meeting held on 26 July 2016, Council resolved(PDF, 5MB) to prepare updates and provide additional background to the West Leederville Activity Centre Plan to convert into an Activity Centre Plan to be submitted to the Western Australian Planning Commission (WAPC) for endorsement.
On 10 August 2017, the Town submitted the updated West Leederville Activity Centre Plan(PDF, 6MB) to the WAPC for endorsement.
On 29 May 2018, the Statutory Planning Committee (SPC) resolved(PDF, 151KB) to require the Town of Cambridge to:
- Modify the West Leederville Activity Centre Plan, by:
- Including appropriate residential density targets as guided by higher level strategic planning documents;
- Detailing the impacts that achieving the desired residential density targets will have on traffic movement and access, via the preparation of a traffic impact assessment, in accordance with the Western Australian Planning Commissions' Transport Impact Assessment Guidelines; and
- Updating the document to ensure the content and data is up-to-date, mapping standards are adequate, and the plan is consistent with the guidance provided in the draft Town of Cambridge Local Planning Strategy.
- Advertise the plan in accordance with Schedule 2, Part 5, Clause 34 of the Regulations; and
- Resubmit the modified plan to the Western Australian Planning Commission for approval.
The Town is working on the modifications and preparing a traffic impact statement, and once finalised, will present it to the next available Council meeting for endorsement to advertise.
West Leederville Precinct Policy
In February 2015 Council adopted the amended Local Planning Policy 2.5: Precinct P5 West Leederville(PDF, 2MB) which implements the directions under the West Leederville Activity Plan.
Scheme Amendment 27
Gazetted in June 2016, Town Planning Scheme Amendment 27 implements zoning changes and development controls to accommodate the proposals adopted in the West Leederville Planning and Urban Design Study.