Next date: Thursday, 02 April 2020 | 06:30 PM
to 09:30 PM
This workshop aims to highlight Waterwise gardening techniques that are specifically suited to WA's unique combinations of soils and climatic conditions.
Seminars are full of humour as the Beyond Gardens Team highlight unsustainable gardening practices and dispel many gardening myths, replacing them with practical techniques that result in success at a fraction of the current cost and use of resources.
Beyond Gardens Seminars. Informative, fun and free.
Good for beginners and experienced gardeners alike, the presenters are not sponsored by product manufacturers so workshop participants will receive unbiased advice.
Backed up with audiovisual presentations topics covered include:
- Environmental consequences of current gardening practices
- What is bioscaping
- The benefits of integrating native plants into your existing garden
- Design Tips on how to do it and why
- How plants grow - you will be surprised how many current practices are out of sync with the way plants grow
- Understanding and improving your local soils - find out how digging can be counterproductive
- Nutrients - what plants actually need
- Mulching - not all mulches work, find out which ones actually save water
- Choosing the right plants for your garden - you will be surprised by the diversity. Why some are better than others
- WaterWise Ways for WA ways to use a fraction of the water
- Irrigation - If you need it which systems are best
- Native plants to bring back the birds
- Gardening myths and why gardening in WA is different to what is shown on TV
- Questions & Answers
- ...and much more... and at half time light refreshments are served
Thursday, 02 April 2020 | 06:30 PM
- 09:30 PM
Town of Cambridge Administration Centre, 1 Bold Park Drive, Floreat 6014 View Map