Parent Night -Talking to teens about sex in an online world
Parent Information Night
Talking to teens about sex in an online world
"Parents are the most important educators of their children. The more comfortable parents feel about talking about sexuality, the more likely it is that their children talk with them." Dr. Lorel Mayberry
You are invited to a free Parent Information Night focused on how to talk to your teenager about sex, puberty and sexuality.
The workshop will be delivered by Curtin University Lecturer Dr Lorel Mayberry and cover the following topics.
- Opening up honest conversations about puberty and sex.
- Pornography and its influences.
- Being able to work within your own values without shutting down the conversation.
- What is consent all about?
- What are the legalities around young people and sex and online behaviours?
- Do you know your stuff?
- Where to get extra help with the thornier issues or if it all goes pear-shaped.
WHEN Tuesday 19 February 2019, 6pm to 8pm
WHERE No. 86 Youth Centre, 86 Cambridge Street, West Leederville 6007
RSVP - LIMITED PLACES - BOOK NOW firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday, 19 February 2019 | 06:00 PM
- 08:00 PM
Cambridge Youth Services, 86 Cambridge Street, West Leederville View Map