The Town conducts two residential property bulk verge collections each year (generally in Spring and Autumn). Bulk verge collections are not applicable to commercial properties.
Two weeks before collection date a brochure will be left in your letterbox listing what will and will not be collected, and how to stack the items for collection on the verge.
Find your next bulk collection
- Garden waste (keep separate to other waste)
- Stoves (doors removed)
- Fridges (doors removed)
- General junk (bikes, household items)
- Car batteries (one per household, stacked separately)
- White goods
- Bricks, cement, sand, rubble
- Building materials, timber, tiles
- Motor vehicles (whole or part)
- Flammable liquids
- Large tree trunks or stumps
- Branches (longer than 1.5m)
These items can be disposed or at your local tip and recycling centre
If you need to get rid of household items quickly, consider donating furniture, appliances, clothing or tools to charity.
Good Sammys collect undamaged household items, furniture and clothing. Call 1300 855 130 to find out about this free service.
Household items can also be disposed of at your local tip and recycling centre
Dispose of specified items via one of the Town's Recycling Programs
Lose track of your bin day? Not sure what to put in your recycling bin?
Make forgetting your bin day a thing of the past with our Get Sorted app, available for free download from the App Store or Google Play.
With Get Sorted, you get:
- personalised bin collection calendar
- optional bin day reminders
- quick guide to recycling
- a comprehensive list of materials and how to dispose of them
- information about the Town's waste and recycling services
Get Sorted and help us make Cambridge a cleaner, greener Town!