The Town has an opportunity for you to join its Engineering team in a supervisory role. If you have previous experience in a road maintenance or improvement environment with supervision of internal staff or contractors, this could be your next move.
The Town has a significant road network ranging from quiet residential to busy distributor streets. Along with a well-developed cycle and path network, and extensive drainage network, each role gives the opportunity for you to maintain and improve it.
About the Positions
Currently we have two Crew Leader positions available in our Engineering team. The Crew Leader (Works and Maintenance) coordinates and supervises the internal Works Crew in undertaking maintenance and minor improvement works on the road network. The Crew Leader (Projects) liaises with relevant contractors, to coordinate and organise significant maintenance and construction projects on the road network.
Tell Us About Your
- Previous experience in municipal engineering maintenance and construction, including leading a crew responsible for construction/maintenance services for the road infrastructure program
- Knowledge of maintenance and construction standards, methods and practices including road works plant and equipment for road pavement, road surfacing, footpaths, drainage and other infrastructure
- Effective project management skills with the ability to schedule, plan and execute project
- Ability to operation and supervise the operation of relevant plant, machinery and vehicles
- Ability to interpret engineering plans, design requirements, scales and setting out
- Well-developed communication, interpersonal and liaison skills with the public and contractors
Provide Us With Your
- Relevant licences/training such as current police clearance; “HR” Drivers’ Licence; basic First Aid qualification, occupational health and safety
- TAFE qualification relating to road construction, road maintenance and plant such as Certificate 2 in Civil Construction
- Computer skills for letters, forms, estimates and accessing data from Town's information systems.
Salary and Benefits
- A salary range of $69,881 to $77,645 (plus superannuation) dependent on experience and qualifications
- Up to 15.5% superannuation
- 22 days annual leave
- Flexible nine-day working fortnight
- Health and Wellbeing program including free vaccinations and health assessments
- Training and development opportunities to aid career progression
How to apply
If you want to help contribute to the Town of Cambridge and make a difference to our community, we would like to hear from you!
Applications can be submitted online and require you to upload a current resume, respond to questions about your experience in relation to the position and complete some online testing as part of the application process.
Please review Applicant Information Pack and Position Description above prior to commencing your application. Click on the 'Apply Online' button to apply.
Closing date: 3pm, Monday 10 October 2022; interviews may be conducted with suitable candidates prior to the closing date. Therefore, the Town reserves the right to close applications prior to the aforementioned date