About the Town
An opportunity to join our Parks and Natural Environment team is available for the right person. Are you someone who likes the outdoors, recreation and making a difference in the local community then this may be the role for you?
From Lake Monger to the east through to the Indian Ocean to the west the Town of Cambridge has some of the best natural areas, open space, recreation, and sporting facilities in the state. You will be given opportunities to learn a range of horticultural practices from a diverse and experienced team.
Being a values driven organisation, our 'People First' approach emphasises the values of Respect, Integrity, Creativity, Friendly and Helpful, and Teamwork.
This position is a permanent full-time role, working within our Parks and Natural Environment Team. The Ground Maintenance Workers carry out day-to-day maintenance operations within our Parks and Reserves for users of the Town's sportsgrounds, parks, road reserves, gardens, and natural areas.
Tasks performed involve mowing, edging, trimming, pruning, tree maintenance, manual weeding, herbicide application, repairs, minor works, clean-up, and general horticultural care activities.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of safe operation and user maintenance of relevant plant and equipment.
- Demonstrated understanding of, and commitment to safe working practices in a maintenance and works environment.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team and contribute to a positive and productive work culture.
- Ability to respond appropriately to supervisor direction and adjust to a variety of work environments and carry out diverse tasks as required, including working with limited supervision at times.
- Polite, professional and well presented.
- Relevant licences – Current ‘C’ Class Driver’s licence (“HR” class licence).
- TAFE training in Horticulture, Landscaping, Construction or related fields.
- Safety Awareness Training (White Card desirable but can be obtained following employment).
- Senior First Aid Certificate.
How to apply
If you want to help contribute to the Town of Cambridge and make a difference to our community, we would like to hear from you!
Applications can be submitted online and require you to upload a current resume, respond to questions about your experience in relation to the position and complete some online testing as part of the application process.
Please review Applicant Information Pack and Position Description above prior to commencing your application. Click on the 'Apply Online' button to apply.
Closing date: 3pm, Monday 3 October 2022; interviews may be conducted with suitable candidates prior to the closing date. Therefore, the Town reserves the right to close applications prior to the aforementioned date