An opportunity to join our Parks and Natural Environment team is available for the right person. Are you someone who likes the outdoors, recreation and making a difference in the local community then this may be the role for you?
From Lake Monger to the east through to the Indian Ocean to the west the Town of Cambridge has some of the best natural areas, open space, recreation, and sporting facilities in the state. You will be given opportunities to learn a range of horticultural practices from a diverse and experienced team.
About the Position
This position is a permanent full-time role, working within our Parks and Natural Environment Team. The Ground Maintenance Workers carry out day-to-day maintenance operations within our Parks and Reserves for users of the Town's sportsgrounds, parks, road reserves, gardens, and natural areas.
Tell Us About Your
- Demonstrated working knowledge of safe operation of relevant plant and equipment.
- Demonstrated understanding of safe working practices in a maintenance and works environment.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team and contribute to a positive and productive work culture.
- Ability to follow instruction and work across a variety of work environments.
- Current ‘C’ Class Driver’s licence is essential.
- TAFE training in Horticulture, Turf Maintenance, Arboriculture, or related fields desirable.
- Safety Awareness Training (White Card desirable but can be obtained following employment).
- Senior First Aid Certificate desirable.
Salary and Benefits
- A salary of $57,418 to $62,074 per annum is offered dependent on experience and qualifications
- Up to 15.5% superannuation
- 22 days annual leave
- Flexible nine-day fortnight
- PPE and Uniform provided
- Health and Wellbeing program including free vaccinations and health assessments
- Training and development opportunities to aid career progression
Applications can be submitted online and require you to upload a current resume and respond to questions about your experience in relation to the position.
For further information on the application process, and a detailed positions description, please view the attached Applicant Information. When you are ready to apply, please click 'Apply online' at the top right hand corner of this page.
Applications close: 3pm, Monday 22 August 2022