The Town of Cambridge is on a continuing journey to transform the organisation to one that is accountable and high performing, with a progressive and positive culture. The organisation is focussed on developing and ensuring a vibrant and sustainable future for the Town, reflecting the needs of the community.
As the Manager Strategic Planning, you will be responsible for leading, preparing and implementing planning and place development strategies, to deliver the Towns Strategic Community Plan objectives all whilst ensuring the local planning statutory framework reflects these objectives. Demonstrated knowledge of strategic town planning principles, solid management experience, and the ability to liaise and negotiate with a wide range of stakeholders including community & business groups and Elected Members are essential.
Our 'People First' approach emphasises respect, high levels of internal and external service delivery, and a focus on continuously aligning our systems and processes to improve how they serve the people we work with.
Accordingly, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated experience at management level in statutory and strategic planning fields, preferably in a Western Australian setting
- Demonstrated experience in project management and, solving problems by thinking critically and creatively
- Demonstrated experience in the ability to liaise and negotiate with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated leadership abilities to manage a team to achieve high productivity and deliver services in line with the Towns organisational values, standards and policies
- Tertiary qualification in urban and/or regional planning or similar discipline or commensurate level of experience. Post graduate qualifications in business management and leadership will be desirable
The Town welcomes local residents with a desire to work and contribute locally to apply.
This position is offered on a five year performance based contract and you will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package circa $150,000 to $160,000 depending upon qualifications and experience. This package includes a base salary (which will be negotiated with the successful candidate), superannuation up to 14.5%, and a vehicle allowance of $13,208 per annum. Other benefits include 5 weeks annual leave and flexible working hours.
Applications can be submitted online and require you to upload a current resume, respond to questions about your experience in relation to the position and complete some online testing as part of the application process. This process may require up to an hour of uninterrupted time to submit your application.
Please review the Applicant Information Pack and Position Description above prior to commencing your application. Click on the 'Apply Online' button above to apply.
Applications close 3:00pm Monday 28 June 2021