About the Town
Based in the beautiful inner western suburbs of Perth, the Town of Cambridge has some of the best natural areas, open spaces, recreation, and sporting facilities in the state; Town of Cambridge staff can effortlessly enjoy attractions such as City Beach, Lake Monger and Bold Park in their lunch break, or after work.
Our mission is to maintain and enhance our very liveable suburbs, their streetscapes and character and our vibrant activity centres through strategic, cost-effective management of resources and an enhanced community experience based on a locals first philosophy.
Being a values driven organisation, our 'People First' approach emphasises the values of Respect, Integrity, Creativity, Friendly and Helpful, and Teamwork.
This position is a 12 month temporary contract to support the Governance team in delivering and implementing key Governance projects across the Town. This position assists other directorates in driving continuous improvement of systems, business processes, and procedures to improve the organisation’s efficiency, operations, and outcomes.
This role liaises with internal stakeholders to support and implement projects in line with branch priorities and the Project Management Framework, including regularly liaising with external contractors and service providers to coordinate information, provide advice, and support project related matters.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in developing and implementing business and process improvements.
- Advanced organisational skills with the ability to prioritise competing tasks.
- Relevant experience in a Project Management role desired.
- Proficient in the use of relevant computer applications and software, in particular, TechnologyOne and contemporary agendas and minutes software.
- Demonstrated understanding of local government legislative environment including governance risk and integrated planning and reporting obligations,
- Experience in research, investigation, performance analysis and reporting of issues and solutions to improve business performance.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Diploma level qualification in a relevant discipline such business, legal studies, project management or management.
- Local Government experience is desirable
- Right to work in Australia (birth certificate, current passport or current visa)
- Valid Driver’s License
Why work for Town of Cambridge
- Up to 15.5% Superannuation (employer contribution)
- Full time, 76 hours per fortnight
- Flexible working hours / flexi-days
- 22 days annual leave per year
- 10 days personal leave
- Health and Wellbeing program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training and Development opportunities
- Free car parking
- Quarterly staff cultural awards
- 13 weeks Long Service Leave after 10 years service in Local Government. Pro-rata long service leave is available after 7 years' service (long service entitlements are transferable within Local Governments).
How to apply
If you want to help contribute to the Town of Cambridge and make a difference to our community, we would like to hear from you!
Applications can be submitted online and require you to upload a current resume, respond to questions about your experience in relation to the position and complete some online testing as part of the application process. Please review Applicant Information Pack and Position Description above prior to commencing your application. Click on the 'Apply Online' button to apply.
Should you require any further information please contact Cassandra Flanigan, Manager Governance.
Closing date: 3pm, Monday 3 October 2022; interviews may be conducted with suitable candidates prior to the closing date. Therefore, the Town reserves the right to close applications prior to the aforementioned date