The Town of Cambridge has recently embarked on a journey to transform the organisation to one that is accountable and high performing, which also has a progressive and positive culture. The organisation is now very much focussed on developing and ensuring a vibrant and sustainable future for the Town, one that better reflects the needs of the community.
The Town currently has an exciting opportunity for a student or recent graduate seeking experience in project management processes, civil municipal engineering, or local government contract control.
This temporary position to 30 June 2021, will be assisting the Coordinator Projects and Asset Management team in project management processes, including research, documentation, and administration of contracts, project cost control, Disability Access compliance, and communication with contractors and external service providers.
Our 'People First' approach emphasises respect, high levels of internal and external service delivery and a focus on continuously aligning our systems and processes to improve how they serve the people we work with.
Accordingly, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following;
- Good conceptual, analytical and research skills.
- A basic understanding of project management principles
- Good written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to utilise computer applications, in particular MS Office applications
- Progress towards tertiary qualifications in project management, business, engineering or a related discipline, along with previous experience with, or understanding of, procurement and contract administration processes is desirable.
- A current “C”, or “C-A” WA drivers licence would be an advantage
- Previous experience with local government infrastructure or engineering departments, and some knowledge of Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) requirements and associated Australian Standards would be an advantage.
The Town welcomes local residents with a desire to work and contribute locally to apply.
Applications can be submitted online and require you to upload a current resume, respond to questions about your experience in relation to the position and complete some online testing as part of the application process. This process may require up to an hour of uninterrupted time to submit your application.
Please review the attached Applicant Information Pack and Position Description prior to commencing your application. Click on the 'Apply Online' button above to apply. Should you require any further information please phone (08) 9347 6000.
Applications close 3:00pm Friday 25 September 2020