About the Town
Based in the beautiful inner western suburbs of Perth, the Town of Cambridge has some of the best natural areas, open spaces, recreation, and sporting facilities in the state; Town of Cambridge staff can effortlessly enjoy attractions such as City Beach, Lake Monger and Bold Park in their lunch break, or after work.
Our mission is to maintain and enhance our very liveable suburbs, their streetscapes and character and our vibrant activity centres through strategic, cost-effective management of resources and an enhanced community experience based on a locals first philosophy.
Being a values driven organisation, our 'People First' approach emphasises the values of Respect, Integrity, Creativity, Friendly and Helpful, and Teamwork.
Exciting career opportunity for a Senior Administration Officer to join the Corporate Business team, with a focus on procurement administration and coordination, and provide support to the Town’s property, lease and service contracts. This position is based at our Administration Centre in Floreat.
The ideal applicant will demonstrate the following:
- Self-starter with excellent time management, and the ability to manage conflicting priorities;
- Confident communicator with a collaborative approach in their work.
- Demonstrated high level of customer service;
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate activities, deliver quality outputs and meet strict deadlines;
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills in order to communicate clearly (verbally and in writing) and resolve problems while maintaining quality working relations with stakeholders;
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment; and
- Good analytical skills with the ability to problem solve.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in administering contracts and procurement management services;
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite of products, in particular Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with property and leases.
- Right to work in Australia (birth certificate, current passport or current visa); and
- Valid Driver’s License.
Why work for Town of Cambridge
- Up to 15.5% Superannuation (employer contribution);
- Full time, 76 hours per fortnight;
- Flexible working hours / flexi-days;
- 22 days annual leave per year;
- 10 days personal leave;
- Health and Wellbeing program;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Training and Development opportunities;
- Free car parking;
- Quarterly staff cultural awards; and
- 13 weeks Long Service Leave after 10 years service in Local Government. Pro-rata long service leave is available after 7 years' service (long service entitlements are transferable within Local Governments).
How to apply
If you want to help contribute to the Town of Cambridge and make a difference to our community, we would like to hear from you! Applications can be submitted online and require you to upload a current resume, respond to questions about your experience in relation
to the position and complete some online testing as part of the application process.
Please review Applicant Information Pack and Position Description above prior to commencing your application. Click on the 'Apply Online' button to apply.
Closing date: 3pm, Monday 26 September 2022; interviews may be conducted with suitable candidates prior to the closing date. Therefore, the Town reserves the right to close applications prior to the aforementioned date.