The Town of Cambridge has recently embarked on a journey to transform the organisation to one that is accountable and high performing, which also has a progressive and positive culture. The organisation is now very much focused on developing and ensuring a vibrant and sustainable future for the Town, one that better reflects the needs of the community.
The Town is seeking a self-motivated person to assist with the effective operational management of the day to day operations of the Aquatic Centre, staff and resources, and ensure the facilities and services are safe and of the highest quality. This position includes some early morning, evening and weekend shifts supervising Bold Park Aquatic Deck Operations, for which a 15% general purpose loading is paid on all hours worked.
Accordingly, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following;
- Demonstrated experience in a supervisory role at a Group 1 Aquatic or multi-purpose aquatic facility with a strong focus on business and community outcomes.
- Good understanding of industry legislation and codes relating to the operation of an aquatic facility.
- Sound working knowledge of occupational safety and health requirements as they relate to the job, including safety and rescue techniques.
- Well demonstrated people leadership abilities to achieve high productivity and deliver services in line with organisational values, standards and policies.
- Good understanding of Local Government operations and procedures relating to aquatics.
- High level communication skills, public relations and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously while managing competing priorities and deadlines.
- In addition to the essential certifications listed below, relevant Tertiary qualification (Leisure Sciences, Business Management, or related discipline) would be highly regarded.
The successful applicant will hold the following essential certification: Current Pool Operations Certificate; Current Pool Lifeguard Certificate; Current Provide First Aid Certificate; Current Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certificate; National Police Clearance; Accreditation in accordance with Environmental Health Department Code of Practice.
The Town welcomes local residents with a desire to work and contribute locally to apply.
Applications can be submitted online and require you to upload a current resume, respond to questions about your experience in relation to the position and complete some online testing as part of the application process. This process may require up to an hour of uninterrupted time to submit your application.
Please review the Applicant Information Pack above prior to commencing your application. Click on the 'Apply Online' button above to apply.
Should you require any further position related information please contact Stefan Humphreys, Manager Bold Park Aquatic, on 9385 8767 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 3:00 pm, Monday 2 March 2020.