The Town of Cambridge has recently embarked on a journey to transform the organisation to one that is accountable and high performing, which also has a progressive and positive culture. The organisation is now very much focused on developing and ensuring a vibrant and sustainable future for the Town, one that better reflects the needs of the community.
The Town has recently expanded the Planning team and is recruiting for a Statutory Planning Officer. This position processes a diverse range of significant development applications, including residential, subdivision and commercial applications, providing accurate and consistent advice to ratepayers, consultants, and developers on all matters related to Town Planning within the Town of Cambridge.
Statutory Planning Officers work collaboratively with all Town staff, as well as liaising with external stakeholders such as local community groups, solicitors, government agencies, other Councils and ministerial staff with regard to planning matters and issues.
Our 'People First' approach emphasises respect, high levels of internal and external service delivery, and a focus on continuously aligning our systems and processes to improve how they serve the people we work with.
Accordingly, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following;
- Previous experience in Town Planning (a minimum of 1 years’ experience)
- Demonstrated knowledge of statutory provisions relating to planning, meeting procedures and presentation skills
- Demonstrated strategic town planning, policy development and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to exercise initiative and judgement in the application of well-established methods and procedures
- Demonstrated high-level communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills within a customer service environment
- Tertiary qualification in Planning or a related discipline
- Current Western Australian “C” class drivers’ license
- Previous experience in local government desirable
The Town welcomes local residents with a desire to work and contribute locally to apply.
Applications can be submitted online and require you to upload a current resume, respond to questions about your experience in relation to the position and complete some online testing as part of the application process. It may require up to an hour of uninterrupted time to submit your application.
Please review the Applicant Information Pack and Position Description above prior to commencing your application. Click on the 'Apply Online' button above to apply. Should you require any further information please phone the Town on (08) 9347 6000
Applications close 3:00pm Monday 8 March 2021.