The Town of Cambridge has recently embarked on a journey to transform the organisation to one that is accountable and high performing, which also has a progressive and positive culture. The organisation is now very much focused on developing and ensuring a vibrant and sustainable future for the Town, one that better reflects the needs of the community.
Strategic Planning Officers support the Town’s strategic planning framework by undertaking research and data analysis to provide analysis of the potential impacts of legislative and policy changes, to prepare responses in state government legislation, policy and town planning decision-making, and advice to ensure compliance with relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
Undertaking consultation and utilising effective working relationships with teams across the Town, government agencies, appointed consultants and community organisations, Strategic Planning Officers examine the Town, external organisations, and documentation to manage planning projects.
Our 'People First' approach emphasises respect, high levels of internal and external service delivery, and a focus on continuously aligning our systems and processes to improve how they serve the people we work with.
Accordingly, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following;
• Proven experience of working within the Western Australian planning system
• Demonstrated skills in formulating policies, assessing and reporting on land use planning strategic issues
• Demonstrated experience in managing consultants and contract administration in the delivery of planning projects
• Experience in development assessment, town planning scheme administration and strategic planning processes as practiced in Western Australia
• Well-developed communication skills and demonstrated negotiation skills
• Tertiary level qualification in Town Planning or a related discipline; membership of or eligibility for membership of the Planning Institute of Australia
The Town welcomes local residents with a desire to work and contribute locally to apply.
Applications can be submitted online and require you to upload a current resume, respond to questions about your experience in relation to the position and complete some online testing as part of the application process. It may require up to an hour of uninterrupted time to submit your application.
Please review the Applicant Information Pack above prior to commencing your application. Click on the 'Apply Online' button above to apply.
Applications close 12:00 noon, Monday 7 November 2020.