The major review of the Town's Strategic Community Plan is an exciting opportunity for the community and the Town to design a new vision for the Town of Cambridge.
We have created the Connect with Cambridge engagement project to capture your ideas and shape them into a vision that reflects our community.
To help create a prosperous future, everyone across the community is encouraged to Connect with Cambridge and share your thoughts.
Submissions close 12pm on 12 June 2023.
View the Strategic Community Plan Consultation Document(PDF, 5MB)
Connect with Cambridge at a drop-in session
We encourage you to attend a Community Drop-in Session if you’d like to hear more and contribute your feedback in person.
Session 1: Floreat Forum Mall
9.30am to 12pm Saturday 3 June 2023
Session 2: Lake Monger Recreation Club (Hall)
12.30pm to 3pm Sunday 4 June 2023
Find a print version of the document
Printed copies and drop-off points will also be available at the following locations from 29 May to 12 June 2023:
- Town of Cambridge Administration Building,
- Wembley Community Centre,
- Wembley Golf Course,
- Bold Park Aquatic Centre, and
- Town of Cambridge Library, Floreat.
More about the Draft Strategic Community Plan
What we've heard from you so far
The first part of the Connect with Cambridge engagement project began in November 2022 and concluded in March 2023.
We received over 1,200 responses from the community about three big questions:
- How well the Town is performing;
- Big/small ideas for Cambridge; and
- Visions for the future of Cambridge
How your respones have shaped this plan
Based on what we heard from the community, the Town has prepared this draft Strategic Community Plan.
The draft Strategic Community Plan:
- Reveals what we are doing well, and what you would like the Town to prioritise;
- Suggests a new vision that reflects your aspirations for the future of Cambridge;
- Describes what that vision looks like across our four areas of stewardship - our people, our environment, our economy and our organisation; and
- Describes what we will do to work towards your vision for each of these areas
How you can influence the final plan
We have drafted this plan, but we still want your input. The second phase of engagement is open now and closes on 12 June.
We want to know three things:
- Do you agree with the vision and outcomes we have drafted?
- Is there anything you would change, add or remove?
- From the plan we have drafted, what do you see as the top priorities?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Strategic Community Plan?
The Strategic Community Plan outlines the vision, outcomes and strategic objectives of the community over the next 10 years. It's a strategic roadmap of where the community want to go and what it will look like when we get there.
The Town has had a Strategic Community Plan in place since its original adoption in 2013. Now, with exciting growth and abundant opportunities, it is the perfect time to reset the vision.
The Strategic Community Plan must also be activated by a Corporate Business Plan, both of which should be informed by a Long-Term Financial Plan, Infrastructure Strategy and Workforce Plan.
Why do we have to review the Strategic Community Plan?
The State Government sets the requirements for a Local Government’s Strategic Community Plan through legislation, regulations and the Integrated Planning and Reporting Framework. The Local Government Act 1995 requires that the Strategic Community Plan undergo a major review once every four years. This review must take into account the community’s aspirations for the future.
What else can I do to get involved in my community?
Love living in the Town of Cambridge? So do we!
To have your say on other Town of Cambridge projects and initiatives, please browse the Have Your Say page on the Town of Cambridge website.
To find opportunities to be actively involved in your community, visit the Get Involved page and choose your own adventure!
For any related queries, please contact:
A/Manager Strategy and Communications
Phone: (08)9285 3123