The Town has prepared a draft Economic Development Strategy (EDS) and is now seeking your comment. The draft EDS has been prepared following:
- detailed analysis of the Town's current economic and demographic profile and trends
- preliminary consultation with local businesses and organisations during November and December 2017
The draft EDS contains a number of key focus areas, which relate to:
- Transport and Accessibility
- Business Support
- Place Activation
Each of the focus areas have overarching goals, which are shown below:
- Provide a high standard of communication and support
- Develop our unique centres to support population growth and attract high quality employment
- Manage the activation and our centres and shared public spaces
- Improve transport and connectivity for centres and local businesses
These goals are contained within the draft EDS and present the Town with opportunities to take action and make a difference over the short to medium term.
Have your say
The draft EDS and associated documents can be downloaded below and an online survey can be completed by following the link at the right hand side of this page.
Submissions close at 5pm on Monday 18 June 2018.