Town of Cambridge Council Nominations and Election
Published on 13 September 2019
Nominations for the Town of Cambridge Elections 2019 closed at 4 pm on Thursday 12 September 2019.
The following is the outcome of those nominations:
Mayor Election Term
1. Mayor Keri Shannon: Re-elected unopposed 4 years
Councillor - Coast Ward - 2 vacancies
1. Cr Andres Timmermanis: Re-elected unopposed 4 years
2. Cr Rod Bradley: Re-elected unopposed 4 years
Councillor - Wembley Ward - 3 vacancies
1. Alaine Haddon-Casey: elected unopposed 4 years*
2. Catherine (Kate ) Barlow: elected unopposed 4 years*
3. Gary Mack: elected unopposed 2 years*
* The term was determined by a ballot performed by the Returning Officer.
As the number of candidate nominations equals the number of vacancies, a postal election is therefore not required.
The Swearing-In ceremony for the newly elected Mayor and Councillors will take place on Tuesday 22 October 2019.
The election of Deputy Mayor will take place on Tuesday 22 October 2019.
The appointment of Elected Members to committees, Regional Councils and external agencies will take place on Tuesday 22 October 2019.
Congratulations to Mayor Shannon, Cr Timmermanis, Cr Bradley and all newly elected candidates.