A local government extraordinary election will be held on Saturday, 27 August 2022 in the Town of Cambridge to fill the following vacancy:
Wembley Ward 1 Councillor Term to expire: 18 October 2025
Nominations Open on Thursday, 14 July 2022
Nominations Close at 4:00 PM Thursday, 21 July 2022
Nominations must be lodged with the Returning Officer:
- at any time during the above period by arrangement; or
- between 2:00pm and 4:00 PM Thursday, 21 July 2022 (close of nominations) at the Town of Cambridge,1 Bold Park Drive, FLOREAT.
Candidates are required to lodge with the Returning Officer:
- a completed nomination in the prescribed form, signed and witnessed. The form will be available from the Town's website and Administration Centre;
- a single A4 page profile of not more than 800 characters (including spaces) containing information about the candidate;
- a nomination deposit of $80 (cash, bank cheque or postal order);
- (optional) a recent passport-sized photograph of the candidate's head, or head and shoulders; and
- every candidate must have completed the online course titled Induction for prospective candidates, available at www.dlgsc.wa.gov.au, prior to nominating.
Where an agent lodges a nomination on a candidate's behalf, it must be in the prescribed form with a written authorisation signed by the candidate.
The documents may be hand delivered or posted to the Returning Officer and must be received by the close of nominations.
Full details about eligibility and nomination procedures for prospective candidates can be obtained by contacting the Town on (08) 9285 3109.