Quarry Amphitheatre Amenities Upgrade
- Project typeFacility Upgrade
- Project scheduleConstruction: May 2023 - September 2023
This project aims to upgrade and improve disability access to facilities at the Quarry Amphitheatre as part of the Town’s Disability Access and Inclusion Plan (DAIP).
Along with making the popular venue more accommodating for people with a disability, the addition of a UAT will also provide an increase to the total number of toilets available for eventgoers.
Stage One works:
- Installation of a hearing loop system which allows Bluetooth capable hearing aids to connect to event audio
- Addition of a new external UAT, adjacent to the existing toilets for members of the audience.
Stage Two works:
- Renovate the existing female toilets, increasing the total number of toilets by one and including an ambulant toilet
- Renovate the existing male toilets, including an ambulant toilet
- Provide approximately 9 compliant wheelchair accessible seating spaces.
Installation of the hearing loop system was completed in September 2022.
The Town is preparing to advertise a Request for Quotation for construction of the UAT, which is expected to be completed prior to commencement of the 2023-2024 events season.
Construction of Stage Two works is expected to be completed in 2024, pending Council approval.