The Gifts Registers contain those disclosures of gifts that have been made by Elected Members, the Chief Executive Officer and Employees in their official capacity.
ELECTED MEMBERS AND CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
[s5.87A and 5.87B of the Local Government Act 1995] Elected Members and the Chief Executive Officer are required to disclose gifts which are valued over $300 or are two or more gifts with a cumulative value over $300 (where the gifts are received from the same donor in a twelve (12) month period), within 10 days of receipt.
1. In accordance with Section 5.87C of the Local Government Act 1995 and Section 61(1)(e) of the Interpretation Act 1984 – “within 10 days is 10 calendar days.
2. At the Ordinary Council Meeting of Tuesday, 19 December 2017, Council resolved as follows:
(i) The Town’s Elected Members agree to abide by a policy to not accept gifts given to them in their capacity as Elected Members, excluding where an Elected Member is required to attend an event in a representative capacity on behalf of the Town. In this circumstance, the cost of the event or the cost of the meal or refreshments provided, shall be declared in accordance with the Local Government Act and Regulations.
(ii) The Chief Executive Officer publish a note on the Town’s website with the Gift Register that states the Town’s Elected Members do not accept gifts given in the service of their public duties.”
[r34B Local Government (Administration) Regulations 1996] In accordance with the Local Government (Administration) Regulations 1996, employees are required to disclose gifts that are valued between $50 and $300, or are two or more gifts with a cumulative value between $50 and $300 (where the gifts are received from the same donor in a six (6) month period) within 10 days of receipt. Gifts over the value of $300 are prohibited.
1. On Tuesday, 22 January 2019, the Chief Executive Officer, John Giorgi, JP, determined that employees are no longer to accept any gifts or hospitality of any kind as part of their employment with the Town.
2. At the Ordinary Council Meeting of 6 February 2019, the Town of Cambridge Code of Conduct was amended at Parts 8 and 9 to prohibit employees from receiving a gift or contribution to travel in the capacity of their employment with the Town.
The following Registers are available on the Town’s website:
1. Elected Member and Chief Executive Officer Gift Register [s5.87A and s5.87B] – Effective from 19 October 2019
2. Employee Gift Register [r34B] – Effective from 19 October 2019
3. Former Gift and Contribution to Travel Register [s5.82 and s5.83 – Now Deleted] – Up to and Including 18 October 2019