Dividing Fences

A dividing fence separates land belonging to different owners. The construction of a new dividing fence or repairs to an existing dividing fence should be discussed between the affected owners.

Generally, the Town of Cambridge does not get involved in matters concerning dividing fences.

For information about dividing fences, including the Dividing Fences Guide visit the Building and Energy Department website.

Building Permit 

In some circumstances, such as if you plan to build a brick dividing fence, a Building Permit may be required.

To check whether you need a Building Permit please call our our Building Department on (08) 9347 6000. 

Front Fences

In most cases, Planning Approval is required for fences built on the front property line.

If you are looking to build a fence at the front of your property please contact our Development Services team on (08) 9347 6000.