A number of recycling programs are run throughout the year, making it quick and easy to get rid of your pre-loved items.
The Town of Cambridge is still recycling and was not affected by the recent Cleanaway fire.
We also have recycling stations, conveniently located at Town of Cambridge facilities, where you can drop-off:
- household lights;
- fluorescent tubes;
- printer cartridges;
- mobile phones; and
Find your nearest recycling centre
Declutter your house and protect our environment.
Twice yearly free eWaste drop-off days are held, where you can drop off your eWaste at the Town of Cambridge Administration car park located at 1 Bold Park Drive in Floreat.
The next eWaste drop-off day will be held on Saturday 28 November 2020 from 9.00am to 4.00pm.
The following eWaste Drop-off Day will be held on Saturday 13 February 2021 from 9.00am to 4.00pm.
Things you can dispose of at an eWaste day:
- DVD players
- Household appliances
- Anything with a cord or battery
A charity truck will be at the event to accept working electrical items for donation.
Contact the Town's Waste Minimisation Officer on 08 9347 6041 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Town has partnered with Total Green Recycling to support the following:
- Hello Initiative - donation of untethered mobile phones
- Refugee Support Program (Red Cross) - supplies refurbished laptops or tablets to refugees to help them start their new life and stay connected with family and friends overseas
Note: Apple/Google accounts need to be removed from devices otherwise it renders the hardware useless for refurbishment and reissue.
Follow these steps to remove your account:
Google on iPad:
- On your iPad, open the Google app .
- On the top left, tap your profile image. Tap the account that's signed in.
- From here you can: Remove your account: Select Manage. Next to the account you want to remove, tap Remove Remove. Tap Back .
- On the top right, choose Done.
Google account on computer:
- On your computer, open the Safari or web browser app.
- Go to www.google.com.
- To remove an account, make sure you're signed out. Tap Sign in Sign in with a different account Remove.
- Choose the account you want to remove, then select Done.
You can add your Google Account back to Safari at any time.
Apple ID on Mac or PC:
- Open the Apple Music app on Mac or iTunes for Windows.
- From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or at the top of the iTunes window, choose Account > View My Account. You might need to sign in with your Apple ID.
- Scroll to the iTunes in the Cloud section, then click Manage Devices. You’ll see the list of devices associated with your account for purchases. If none of your devices are associated with your Apple ID, you won't see this section.
- Click Remove to the right of a device if you want disassociate it. If you can’t remove a device, you might have to sign out of your Apple ID on that device or wait up to 90 days to associate it with another Apple ID.
Apple ID on your iPad:
- Tap Settings > [your name], then tap iTunes & App Store.
- Tap your Apple ID.
- Tap View Apple ID. You might be asked to sign in.
- Scroll to the iTunes in the Cloud section, then tap Remove This Device.
Year round free drop-off is available for anything with a cord or a battery, including digital media at your local recycling centre
The Town hosts Charity drop-off days twice a year, where you can drop-off your unwanted household items, including clothes and textiles, at the Administration Centre located at 1 Bold Park in Floreat.
The next Charity Drop-off Day will be held on Saturday 6 February 2021.
Items must be clean and undamaged.
Charities will also accept furniture and working electrical appliances.
Things you can dispose of at a Charity drop-off day:
- All types of clothing
- Working electrical items
- Accessories and jewellery
- Manchester: Towels, tableware and tea towels
- Bedding, linen and blankets
- Shoes, boots and slippers
- Games, Toys, DVD’s CD's
- Bags, hats, belts
- Crockery, glassware
Items should be presented in boxes and bags.
Simply drive up and our friendly staff will unload your car for you.
Please do not bring white goods, hazardous waste or non-working electronic waste to this day.
Our next Charity drop-off day will be held on 31 October 2020 from 9am - 3pm.
The Town hosts Community Clothing Swaps seasonally four times a year, where you can bring your quality men's and women's clothing and accessories and take home new treasures.
The Town also hosts Children's Clothing Swaps where you can bring childrenswear, maternity wear and children's items.
The Swaps take place at the Town of Cambridge Administration Centre, 1 Bold Park Drive, Floreat.
Register for Adults Swap
Register for Children's Swap
| Adult Clothing
|| Children's Clothing
Sunday 21 February 2021, 11.30am - 2pm
| Sunday 6 December, 12pm - 2pm
|| Sunday 7 March, 12pm - 2pm
The Town has joined forces with Green Machines Lab to offer a solution to divert unwanted solar pool cover material [LPDE 4 grade] from landfill waste.
Roll or fold your cover, drive in, drop off and we will do the rest.
Please do not cut your cover into smaller pieces, a large roll is preferred or folded if required for transporting.
Remove and dispose of any attachment cords or ropes as well as any eyelets prior to dropping off your cover.
Items that can be dropped off on the day:
- Solar pool covers
- Solar blankets
- Bubble pool covers
Items that will not be accepted on the day:
- Pool covers other than LPDE 4 solar pool cover
- Spa covers
- Thermal covers
- Mesh pool covers
- Fabric pool covers
Date: Saturday 5 December 2020
Time: 10am - 2pm
Location: Town of Cambridge Administration Centre, 1 Bold Park Drive, Floreat
Register your interest
This form is available in an alternate format upon request.
The Town of Cambridge is proudly the first Council in Australia to offer this initiative.
RECYCLE AND SAVE PLUS FREE HOME PICK UP
If you are interested in purchasing a new eco-friendly pool cover and recycling your old cover, see below for a special offer for Cambridge residents.
Special Cambridge Resident Offer
The Town has partnered with WA operated business, Green Machines Lab to deliver this sustainable new initiative, the first of its kind for any council in Australia.
Find out more about Green Machines Lab
All residents have access to free pre-booked mattress collection.
Once you've completed the online form, the Town will notify you of the next available collection date.
Once notification has been received, mattresses should be placed on the verge no earlier than the evening before the arranged collection date.
Bookings are subject to availability and there is no guarantee that the next Thursday will be available.
A member of our Waste Minimisation team will contact you to allocated a date and provide further instructions.
Mattresses are collected weekly, on a Thursday. Please have your mattress out on the verge by 6am, in a clearly visible and easily accessible location.
Festive Season Collection Dates
Please note mattress collections will be not be run from 18 December 2020 - 6 January 2021 during the festive period.
The last collection for 2020 will be 17 December.
Collections will resume from 7 January 2021.
Correction: The Cambridge Eco News edition 25 November 2020 noted the last collection to be 7 December 2020, instead of 17 December 2020 which is the correct date.
Have a query? Call 9347 6000 or Send an Email.
The Town is pleased to support Fair Game by having 2 recycle and donate bins to collect pre-loved sporting equipment. The bins are located at the Town's Administration Centre -1 Bold Park Drive Floreat and the Cambridge Library -99 The Boulevard Floreat.
For further information click here
Donate your leftover school stationery to WA children in need at the Town's Administration Centre, Cambridge Library and participating primary schools, thanks to Give Write.
Give Write is a Wembley-based Not-for-Profit which takes donations of new or pre-loved school stationery to recycle, repackage and regift to kids in need in WA who are starting the school year with nothing.
Find out more about Give Write
Recycle your household aerosol cans including deodorant, hairspray, cooking oil spray, insect spray, cleaning products, garage and vehicle products and bathroom sprays.
Drop off your aerosol cans at the Town's Administration Centre - 1 Bold Park Drive, Floreat, for recycling.
Make sure cans are empty and intact.
The Town's X-Ray recycler, Ecocycle, has an environmentally friendly silver recovery process that helps protect our waterways and environment.
Residents can use the bins to safely dispose of their X-Rays at the following sites:
- Cambridge Library
- Town of Cambridge Administration Centre
- Amcal Pharmacy Floreat Forum
- Wembley Community Centre
Recycle your non-reusable coffee pods at the Town of Cambridge Administration Centre at 1 Bold Park Drive, Floreat.